NEW YEAR; NEW ME

Image
  Hello; it has been a while hope you have been well.   It’s the New Year and for the first time in a while, I didn’t see any new year new me statuses. Have people given up on changing their lives? Or are we overwhelmed by the state of the world which seems to not be changing?  In our capacity, we cannot change the world but what we can change is our look at life. We set targets for new year’s resolutions but we rarely ever get to attain a satisfactory result at the end of the year. The reason for this is we always procrastinate for example I have been thinking I need to lose some weight so I have been thinking of the diet when I asked when I plan to start it I said the 10th and knowing myself I will keep procrastinating. So because we do not start the year on the right footing we set ourselves up for failure. So in the same way, if we wish to succeed in any of our targets, plans let’s start on the right footing. Gregor Moniuszko wrote on Thrive Global that “By starting the day right,

Onlookers

 This past week I heard a most horrific story on the radio; it was of a man who bit up his wife for a lost SIM card. An item which is replaceable with a few dollars as bad as that was what made me tremble even more was that there were onlookers who didn't stop the man but could record the whole ordeal and they could be overhead trying to reason with the victim to admit where the SIM card was. Cases of gender-based violence should be reported and dealt with by the law.

Today I want to talk about the onlookers because frankly speaking what they did was terrible and this is not the only scene we observe such behavior. There are videos you will find on the internet relating to accident scenes; not recorded by journalists. Some were just really recorded by passer-byes. So I always ask myself; what did the videographer actively do to stop or try to rescue those in danger? Did they call the police, ambulance or even the fire brigade or is it a case of the first thing was pulling out your phone.



So I do not have much to say today I want to encourage us to help a situation as much as we can before we pull out our cameras to record. Hebrews 13 vs 16 says, "And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased." You may have been reading my post; it may seem as if I am against technology, in all honesty, I worry our humanity and our sense of community has ceased to be there because of a few internets likes.

As  Roy T. Bennett says, “Always have a willing hand to help someone, you might be the only one that does.”  So let us extend our hands and not be video graphing onlookers only.

Comments

  1. Indeed. People would rather watch a violent scene unfold than be the hero's of the day. Such cowardice should be drowned upon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed may the good Lord help us in every area of our life

      Delete
  2. This message should be delivered to if not all of our peers we losing it somewer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life is too short

ILWA NDODOO

ILWA NTOMBO