NEW YEAR; NEW ME

Image
  Hello; it has been a while hope you have been well.   It’s the New Year and for the first time in a while, I didn’t see any new year new me statuses. Have people given up on changing their lives? Or are we overwhelmed by the state of the world which seems to not be changing?  In our capacity, we cannot change the world but what we can change is our look at life. We set targets for new year’s resolutions but we rarely ever get to attain a satisfactory result at the end of the year. The reason for this is we always procrastinate for example I have been thinking I need to lose some weight so I have been thinking of the diet when I asked when I plan to start it I said the 10th and knowing myself I will keep procrastinating. So because we do not start the year on the right footing we set ourselves up for failure. So in the same way, if we wish to succeed in any of our targets, plans let’s start on the right footing. Gregor Moniuszko wrote on Thrive Global that “By starting the day right,

Regret

 I have a motto that I live by it says 'Live in the moment so that you never look back at a point in your life with regret.' So in everything I do, I find myself whispering these words to myself. I am never afraid to jump at opportunities regardless of the risk. More importantly, I also know my limits because I don't want to regret my choices tomorrow.



Social media is one fun jungle to navigate many a time you will find yourself drawn to trends and challenges circulating.  Many of these are fun to watch when we see them we probably have a good laugh at some, well I know I do. I however always ask myself though when I see those challenges before I attempt to join the fun and add a post of my own I ask,  if in five years the Siphiwe of then will look at it and smile or if she will delete the post and deny it ever being her.  We shouldn't let the pressures of wanting many likes pressure us into doing things that are uncharacteristic of ourselves. 

Instead be willing to let some things pass you by, in Ndebele we have this phrase said to someone who wants to be part of everything, we say 'Ungabi nguthathekile'. So today dear reader I want to say, 'Ungabi nguthathekile.' Remember one of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself' Shannon L.Alder. Do not be ashamed to be the odd one out; don't move with the flow just because everyone is doing it do it because it's what's right for you. Do not be afraid to be a coy fish and swim against the current if it will get you where you need to be. Live in the moment but always remember your choices today affect your tomorrow.

Comments

  1. I agree with you, when you can avoid regret its good to do so but for the sole purpose of living a life you ought be able to embrace it at some point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true I forgot to put that point across. Regret is a part of life and its very rare for anyone to live through life without it. The most we can do is be able to pick ourselves up from it all and leave the past were it belongs in the past.

      Delete
  2. Good blog. Trying to please the world has a price and losing ones own identity is terrifying. Making the right decision is not allways easy but the effort must be made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true i wish more and more people would be conscious of the fact.

      Delete
  3. Ungabi nguthathekile long forgotten phrase indeed.. Lets live and love life no regrets. Thanks girl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is too short to please others indeed...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life is too short

ILWA NDODOO

ILWA NTOMBO