NEW YEAR; NEW ME

Image
  Hello; it has been a while hope you have been well.   It’s the New Year and for the first time in a while, I didn’t see any new year new me statuses. Have people given up on changing their lives? Or are we overwhelmed by the state of the world which seems to not be changing?  In our capacity, we cannot change the world but what we can change is our look at life. We set targets for new year’s resolutions but we rarely ever get to attain a satisfactory result at the end of the year. The reason for this is we always procrastinate for example I have been thinking I need to lose some weight so I have been thinking of the diet when I asked when I plan to start it I said the 10th and knowing myself I will keep procrastinating. So because we do not start the year on the right footing we set ourselves up for failure. So in the same way, if we wish to succeed in any of our targets, plans let’s start on the right footing. Gregor Moniuszko wrote on Thrive Global that “By starting the day right,

Wearing the Mask.

 Sadly what inspired me today is not good news; I was on Twitter, I found out that a young woman was dead after committing suicide. I know it's sad, I feel it's something we should discuss.  Answer me this how you are feeling? 99% of the people would probably answer by saying they are 'fine' even when they are not, the people who would tell me exactly how they feel I can count them on my fingers. I want to know why is it; that we think hiding our true feelings is a part of proper etiquette. It's not; we are human we are not always going to be okay. 


There will be times when we feel alone, defeated and when the world doesn't make sense. It may feel as if the whole world is against us. At those moments, it's okay to be unwell. It's okay to lean on others and to get help. It's okay to not carry the weight on your own, as the adage says a problem shared is a problem halved. Mental pain is real: numbing yourself because the world has convinced you that it's not right to be unwell is wrong.

"There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds" Laurell K. Hamilton in the Mistral's Kiss. Believe it; these wounds are the most fatal. C.S Lewis wrote "Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also harder to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden: It is easier to say 'My tooth is aching' than to say 'My heart is broken.'" 

"The first step to recovery is admitting that you are unwell. " After you have to tell someone you trust of your troubles. Let's take off the I'm fine mask and be willing to let people see what is going on with us but let us know who to tell as not everyone has our best interest at heart. Never suffer alone; remember, "This too shall pass." Persian Sufi Poets.

Comments

  1. And to all the man out there its not a sign of weekeness to admit you down it shows courage and bravery "rume rimwe harikombi churu, chara chimwe hachitswanye inda, kutsva kwendebvu ngatidzimurane" African Proverbs thank you for the write up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it shall come to pass,thank you very much for being encouraged

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depression is real, let's continuously check out on our friends & fam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to share something on mental wellness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life is too short

ILWA NDODOO

ILWA NTOMBO