NEW YEAR; NEW ME

Image
  Hello; it has been a while hope you have been well.   It’s the New Year and for the first time in a while, I didn’t see any new year new me statuses. Have people given up on changing their lives? Or are we overwhelmed by the state of the world which seems to not be changing?  In our capacity, we cannot change the world but what we can change is our look at life. We set targets for new year’s resolutions but we rarely ever get to attain a satisfactory result at the end of the year. The reason for this is we always procrastinate for example I have been thinking I need to lose some weight so I have been thinking of the diet when I asked when I plan to start it I said the 10th and knowing myself I will keep procrastinating. So because we do not start the year on the right footing we set ourselves up for failure. So in the same way, if we wish to succeed in any of our targets, plans let’s start on the right footing. Gregor Moniuszko wrote on Thrive Global that “By starting the day right,

Self-reproach

 

I have never been a fan of sports; any form of exercise I have done has been purely out of necessity. A few days back, I read a blog on sports and lifestyle. The author made running seem as if it was something life-changing. Naturally, I thought I would try it out;  I woke up today and decided to run.  The first minute I was crushing it, and dare I say it was fun; unfortunately, I became too confident and stopped looking at the ground. Before I knew it, I had lost my footing and was on my way down to greet the earth with my face.


I didn't spend time lying down assessing my situation; I stood up and dusted myself and debated should I continue or should I give up. I decided to keep going after that; I started running with my eyes wide open, carefully assessing the terrain I was running on. As I reflected on what had occurred, I noted that I saw the error in my ways. I saw my mistake; I didn't blame the stone; I made it a point to correct my mistake. That is the attitude we should carry.

In life, when one falls I realize it is wise to assess what one would have done wrong. We must not rush to blame others for our own failures without evaluating our own contribution to the situation.  If we don't see the error in our ways, we will repeat the same process. I could have easily stood up and ignored the fact that I was running looking into space and even blamed the stone for being in my path. However, I understood that the fault lay with me, I was able to correct my error.

Hence from now on, let's make it a point to see our mistakes because only then can you receive a different result and only then will you grow. Ron Carpenter Jr wrote in., The Necessity of an Enemy: How the Battle You Face Is Your Best Opportunity "A teachable spirit and a humbleness to admit your ignorance or your mistake will save you a lot of pain. However, if you're a person who knows it all, then you've got a lot of heavy-hearted experiences coming your way."


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life is too short

ILWA NDODOO

ILWA NTOMBO