NEW YEAR; NEW ME

Image
  Hello; it has been a while hope you have been well.   It’s the New Year and for the first time in a while, I didn’t see any new year new me statuses. Have people given up on changing their lives? Or are we overwhelmed by the state of the world which seems to not be changing?  In our capacity, we cannot change the world but what we can change is our look at life. We set targets for new year’s resolutions but we rarely ever get to attain a satisfactory result at the end of the year. The reason for this is we always procrastinate for example I have been thinking I need to lose some weight so I have been thinking of the diet when I asked when I plan to start it I said the 10th and knowing myself I will keep procrastinating. So because we do not start the year on the right footing we set ourselves up for failure. So in the same way, if we wish to succeed in any of our targets, plans let’s start on the right footing. Gregor Moniuszko wrote on Thrive Global that “By starting the day right,

NEW Years Resolution


I know some of us have already made a list of our new years' resolutions and we are all but waiting January 2021 to get to work. I haven't done that yet;  in fact, I was looking at the list of resolutions I made for 2020 and midway through the list I laughed at myself, I realised I didn't do most of the stuff I said I would do. For example, I had said I wanted to exercise and surprise, surprise  I only managed to do that the first week of January. After some research, I found I wasn't the only one who had this issue. 

Someone said the truth of the matter is that we want to achieve the goals we have set on the paper, but we do not have grit which is the power of passion and perseverance according to Angela Lee Duckworth. Meaning you can't just want to achieve your goals for the new year, you can't just want to change your behaviour. You have to be willing to put in the work; you have to be patient with yourself because change will take time. Don't let failure scare you, try and try again. Flavia Weedn  says "if one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again."  

So if you have already listed down those resolutions revisit them we still have some time before 01 January 2021. Look at them carefully and ask yourself these questions;

How badly do I want this?

Will I be able to commit to being able to achieve this change?

Will this make me a better person for the future?

Now that last question is because a change we make today will affect our future and we should all remember we are living today and making decisions for tomorrow. 

P.S HAPPY NEW YEAR and in truth, I have no words to describe how grateful I am for the support you have given me with this blog.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life is too short

ILWA NDODOO

ILWA NTOMBO