NEW YEAR; NEW ME

Image
  Hello; it has been a while hope you have been well.   It’s the New Year and for the first time in a while, I didn’t see any new year new me statuses. Have people given up on changing their lives? Or are we overwhelmed by the state of the world which seems to not be changing?  In our capacity, we cannot change the world but what we can change is our look at life. We set targets for new year’s resolutions but we rarely ever get to attain a satisfactory result at the end of the year. The reason for this is we always procrastinate for example I have been thinking I need to lose some weight so I have been thinking of the diet when I asked when I plan to start it I said the 10th and knowing myself I will keep procrastinating. So because we do not start the year on the right footing we set ourselves up for failure. So in the same way, if we wish to succeed in any of our targets, plans let’s start on the right footing. Gregor Moniuszko wrote on Thrive Global that “By starting the day right,

Self Comparisons



I don't know if it's just my insecurities speaking but ever felt like you are not living right. Okay, hold on a second before saying I've lost it what I mean is have you ever felt like your life is not that great because of the way you see someone else's life moving. Like I was on INSTAGRAM as I always am and you know; I see people on vacations taking these pictures  I thought, what I am not doing right. Like, am I doing this life thing wrong how come everyone is seemingly living these lifestyles that seem unattainably lavish.

After I turned off the app and did something else, I recalled what I think we all know; we only see what people allow us to see.  The glamourized moments I was looking at on INSTAGRAM posts were in some cases, not daily things they were the happy occasions. I didn't see the full picture. I couldn't view the hustling I just got a little glimpse.  I convinced myself I wasn't living right. I forgot that people's lives are different not only a difference of background but a difference in destiny a difference in how you get there too. Its all well and good when we appreciate each other congratulating each other on our accomplishments. But let us learn to be grateful for what we have, we are not less than anyone in any way possible. As  Eugenia Herlihy said learn not to compare yourself to other people because comparison will clip your wings and shoot you down.  So let us not compare ourselves hard as that may be, let's remember we are all created equal; no one man has been made superior to another.

Live your life to the fullest without regret indulge yourself whenever you can instead of looking at pictures on the internet of things others are doing go out try something you haven't, go for a walk in your neighborhood you will be surprised. Let us not live life off someone Instagram pictures lets be willing to explore, indulge and most importantly be grateful for what we have. 

So my self-care 101 tip for you today is to live in the moment without comparing yourself to another. Its to know in your self that everything about you is unique and you have it in your power to change what you do not like about your situation. One more thing maybe don't be on INTSAGRAM all the time as I am๐Ÿ˜‰.


P.S. This is with regards to my posting schedule I will post on Mondays only๐Ÿ’—.

Comments

  1. I’ve bookmarked this page because your posts are becoming my favourite read to look forward to ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid.. am putting myself out there.your posts definitely are the statements of the week. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have stated one of my life principles, thanks you're getting wiser everyday beautiful. Big ๐Ÿ‘ up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting read.....u doing the most and maturing like wine...am a proud friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said my lady, let's keep focused on our lane while waiting with busy minds & hands for our reward

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life is too short

ILWA NDODOO

ILWA NTOMBO