NEW YEAR; NEW ME

Image
  Hello; it has been a while hope you have been well.   It’s the New Year and for the first time in a while, I didn’t see any new year new me statuses. Have people given up on changing their lives? Or are we overwhelmed by the state of the world which seems to not be changing?  In our capacity, we cannot change the world but what we can change is our look at life. We set targets for new year’s resolutions but we rarely ever get to attain a satisfactory result at the end of the year. The reason for this is we always procrastinate for example I have been thinking I need to lose some weight so I have been thinking of the diet when I asked when I plan to start it I said the 10th and knowing myself I will keep procrastinating. So because we do not start the year on the right footing we set ourselves up for failure. So in the same way, if we wish to succeed in any of our targets, plans let’s start on the right footing. Gregor Moniuszko wrote on Thrive Global that “By starting the day right,

What are your plans for December


I have been on the internet lately viewing INSTAGRAM posts, so I saw something interesting, people were talking about what their plans for December where. Others were saying they were going to poetry slams, relaxing at home as it has been a challenging year, hanging out with family, friends, braais, mini-vacations. I noted that everyone has a different picture they have painted of what would be the perfect December. 

I want to come to you with something a little different but not new. December is the last month of the year, as we all are aware it has been a challenging year. Let us take a moment to not only think of our selves but let us think of others as well this is, after all, the season of giving. Remember always that; a kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal as said by Steve Maraboli.

 


Let me ask you, dear reader, what are you giving this December?

Who are you giving it too?

 I read an article earlier this week it documented how team Nissan in Bulawayo surprised a retirement home with gifts and a visit. I noted that the author made mention of how the residents of the retirement home were most excited to have visitors more than anything. So in saying let us give I am not saying fork out those dollars, we can gift give in so many different ways. Compliment someone, congratulate someone on their success, cheer for someone, and be considerate you will see as you give you will find yourself much happier. As Proverbs 18:16 reads a gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great. 

So this December I want to encourage you to be selfless.  After all, we spent the whole year locked up like prisoners in solitary confinement. If you in those months did not grasp the importance of spending time with other people if you can say I didn't miss seeing other people during quarantine then WOW! You are different because I know quite several people inclusive of myself who missed just seeing different faces engaging with different minds. You may be an introvert or an extrovert; however, we all still need other people. 

So I want to encourage you this December to make plans that are not selfish. The intent is for you to socialize and do some TLC on those relationships you been missing out.

This December let us be in the spirit of love, fellowship and giving let us share with our neighbors knowing that this year was not discriminatory, it affected all of us even in different standings in life. Let it be in truth a season of giving as Roy T. Bennett said in The Light in the Heart  "Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone's life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance." Happy new month. 

Comments

  1. Beautiful. Giving doesnt always equate to monetary giving. It can be giving of your time, energy, effort, consideration and love.
    Thank you for that reminder especially as we enter December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Blessed is the hand that gives that that receives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful message you giving is lyk ploughing and seeding you will always get some

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giving open blessings. Nice and important message

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome read! And very encouraging too, it has been a challenging year, we really need to give thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life is too short

ILWA NDODOO

ILWA NTOMBO