NEW YEAR; NEW ME

Image
  Hello; it has been a while hope you have been well.   It’s the New Year and for the first time in a while, I didn’t see any new year new me statuses. Have people given up on changing their lives? Or are we overwhelmed by the state of the world which seems to not be changing?  In our capacity, we cannot change the world but what we can change is our look at life. We set targets for new year’s resolutions but we rarely ever get to attain a satisfactory result at the end of the year. The reason for this is we always procrastinate for example I have been thinking I need to lose some weight so I have been thinking of the diet when I asked when I plan to start it I said the 10th and knowing myself I will keep procrastinating. So because we do not start the year on the right footing we set ourselves up for failure. So in the same way, if we wish to succeed in any of our targets, plans let’s start on the right footing. Gregor Moniuszko wrote on Thrive Global that “By starting the day right,

AUDERE EST FACERE (TO DO IS TO DARE)


Latin is a beautiful language; granted, I can't pronounce it. It has these phrases that speak to me at a deeper level. Audere est Facere( to do is to dare) I think thats my favourite of the 10 I googled. This phrase speaks of how every decision you make in your life is a risk and, there is no one definite outcome. 

You may go to school and still be unable to get a job afterwards. You start a business uncertain of the profits it will generate. But still, we see many people take a chance; it goes well at times; other times not so much. So you never know what God has in store for you; personally, no one I know has a magic mirror that shows the path to their future. Instead, all of us take actions hoping that we will succeed. We all leap in faith every morning as we wake up. 



Nothing is certain in this world; don't sit on your hands. Instead, take that chance the Latin say Ex Nihilo Nihil Fit (from nothing comes nothing). The bible says in Proverbs 10: 4 - Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. So if you don't act, you will gain nothing. 

Today I dare you to take that chance. Get up and start that project you have been putting off, write that application, do whatever it is you have wanted to try.  After all, dreams are mere fantasies that will never come true like clouds in the air we can never touch. Only by our actions do they become a reality.  I dare you to dream big and to take the first step towards that dream.

Comments

  1. Kudos to an enlightening post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. I do not regret watching Troy (2004) and was challenged to be positive and work hard in life even though giants / trials in life draw you back.

    *Soldier talking to Achilles:* The Thessalonian you're fighting, he's the biggest man I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.

    *Achilles:* That is why no one will remember your name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very enlightening and relatable post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life is too short

ILWA NDODOO

ILWA NTOMBO