NEW YEAR; NEW ME

Image
  Hello; it has been a while hope you have been well.   It’s the New Year and for the first time in a while, I didn’t see any new year new me statuses. Have people given up on changing their lives? Or are we overwhelmed by the state of the world which seems to not be changing?  In our capacity, we cannot change the world but what we can change is our look at life. We set targets for new year’s resolutions but we rarely ever get to attain a satisfactory result at the end of the year. The reason for this is we always procrastinate for example I have been thinking I need to lose some weight so I have been thinking of the diet when I asked when I plan to start it I said the 10th and knowing myself I will keep procrastinating. So because we do not start the year on the right footing we set ourselves up for failure. So in the same way, if we wish to succeed in any of our targets, plans let’s start on the right footing. Gregor Moniuszko wrote on Thrive Global that “By starting the day right,

Minding your own business



The art of minding one's own business is very challenging. I know I have been trying to do that lately. As humans, we always want to have an input in a decision someone makes worse with social media and with all these many movements going on: we find ourselves adding our two cents into peoples matters. I want to talk about the Khanyi Mbau Dubai story; here I go adding my two cents. That matter had nothing, I mean absolutely nothing to do with us but not only were we torn up trying to defend Khanyi Mbau's actions and some of us fighting for  Kudzai Mushonga. One may have thought; that with the expert commentary provided people had surveillance footage or V11s of the situation. I admit I too had a theory of what happened, and when they reunited I felt offended but was it their problem or did I invest myself into their business.


 I'm saying is, with every situation I meet on social media, I want to refrain from commenting before I have all the facts. If possible, let me not comment; I should keep it moving.  On social media platforms, the comment section makes it feel as if my opinion is required everywhere. In all honesty, it's not: it's well and good for me to have nothing to say. It's very proper for me to skip without expressing my feelings about everything.  Lately, on YouTube, I've seen some pretty controversial videos with the comment section turned off.  I was astonished; because I wanted to share my two cents. Then I realised it's okay for me to be quiet 99, 9%  the video is just reporting on facts I can listen to and like or dislike. End of the day, I still have to keep it moving; because no word of mine will change anything.

Before you start saying this and that: what I'm saying applies to matters that do not directly concern you, for instance, the Khanyi Mbau story. Let us learn to mind our business; practice tried and tested forms of attaining peace. “Keep your attention focused entirely on what is truly your own concern, and be clear that what belongs to others is their business and none of yours.”-  Epictetus

Comments

  1. 🔥Word.. this is true we keep forgetting to think abt others and get caught up in jokes and makig others laugh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life is too short

ILWA NDODOO

ILWA NTOMBO