NEW YEAR; NEW ME

Image
  Hello; it has been a while hope you have been well.   It’s the New Year and for the first time in a while, I didn’t see any new year new me statuses. Have people given up on changing their lives? Or are we overwhelmed by the state of the world which seems to not be changing?  In our capacity, we cannot change the world but what we can change is our look at life. We set targets for new year’s resolutions but we rarely ever get to attain a satisfactory result at the end of the year. The reason for this is we always procrastinate for example I have been thinking I need to lose some weight so I have been thinking of the diet when I asked when I plan to start it I said the 10th and knowing myself I will keep procrastinating. So because we do not start the year on the right footing we set ourselves up for failure. So in the same way, if we wish to succeed in any of our targets, plans let’s start on the right footing. Gregor Moniuszko wrote on Thrive Global that “By starting the day right,

Realizing 2020’s blessings

 Someone posted a message of how 2020 was their year, I literary paused for a moment and thought were we in the same year in all honest how could you say it was your year it was such a trying year. After a few moments, I thought back to that post and noticed that I was saying 2020 was not a good year based on the coronavirus. 

I put a limitation on how good the year would be for me the moment the coronavirus was declared a worldwide pandemic.  My perception of life shifted into a survival mode in March when we went into lockdown, I stopped seeing opportunities to further my growth in different aspects of my life and started praying I at least maintain the level I'm on. I limited my capabilities to the environmental factors hence my mind, concluded that nothing good would come from 2020. I forgot that even dry desert you can still see an oasis and blossoming marigolds.



I know this may seem a bit redundant as I started a blog in 2020; I want you to understand my mentality when I began this blog. It was not an opportunity for growth no; I started it as a coping mechanism for the difficulties of 2020. Last week Monday after I posted there were some encouraging comments left by some readers, that was when I realized that this blog became more than just a coping mechanism. 

I realized that the unfavorable environmental factors of 2020 did not stop life from moving; it came to me that opportunities do come,  although in our current mind-set we do not see them. The mind-sets we put ourselves to restrict us from realizing these opportunities. I believe that everything we have is a blessing from God; everything we need comes from God. So I want us to take a walk down memory lane let us look at what happened in 2020, let us truly see the blessings we received this year even if it's the fact that you are alive and well. Remember God, blesses without it being conditional to the environment.  As Lincoln Patz says, look past the exterior, and see that there is so much more within. Then decide to unleash that potential to the fullest. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is too short

ILWA NDODOO

ILWA NTOMBO